ranjb

DP standalone unable to distribute package content

Hi Everyone

Currently have a new environment on 2002 CB with 1 site server and 1 DP. Just performed a source hierarchy migration from a 2002CB.

It seems most app deployments are successful in the new hieracrchy however when deploying packages I run into an issue.

It seems deploying just to the DP it fails but when deploying to both primary server and DP it succeeds. The site server also acts as a DP.

When looking at the distrmgr log all is successful from that perspective but when reviewing the pkgxfermgr I see some errors.

ExecStaticMethod failed (80041001) SMS_DistributionPoint, FinalizeContent

CSendFileAction::SendContent failed; 0x80041001

When reviewing the smsdpprov log on the individual DP it shows the following:

MoveFile failed for \?F:SCCMContentLibDataLibCS1003BE.3.temp to \?F:SCCMContentLibDataLibCS1003BE.3

FileRename failed; 0x80070002

CContentDefinition::Finalize failed; 0x80070002

Failed to finalize content ‘CS1003BE.3’ for package ‘CS1003BE’. Error code: 0X80070002

I attach a screenshot when reviewing the error on the monitoring window.

2021 03 31 12 14 06 - How To Manage Devices Community Forum - Welcome to the world of Device Management! This is community build by Device Management Admins for Device Management Admins❤️ Ask your questions!! We are here to help you! - DP standalone failing to create content

I have added the primary site computer account as a local admin to the DP. Anything else I might be missing here?

I did try to restart WMI services and check permissions but all looks ok to me as per this blog: https://smsagent.blog/2017/04/24/configmgr-content-distribution-fails-with-0x80041001/