rob343

Missing Profile GUID

Question

Hi we recently done a feature update on all our W10 devices from CMG.  All went well until we found that the user domain profile GUID was not present. I am assuming this is passed to the client at logon when the device has line of sight to the DC. but as everybody is working remotely and only initiating a vpn connection post logon, it not pulling the GUID down. 

SO my question to you brainy lot is, is there a way of refreshing the profile post logon or dragging the Guid off the domain.  we have been fixing this manually one by one but i could do with an automated method via sccm/mem

There should be a string value called Guid under the following registry key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\<profile>

1 answer to this question