I am working with a client, I haven't had much training on servers, but here are the specs. they are using. There is a windows 2008 Server suppling 4 workstations. They are having issues with their email and when they start the internet up, it takes a few seconds to load instead of the immediate time it should take.

I may be out of my league that is why I came here so that I could learn. They are using a Microsoft exchange server, is there a way to set it up so that every 60 or 90 days it would automatically delete the emails that the users have already deleted on their machine.

Second issue, could it be affected because the server needs more ram or any ideas, it only has 4 GB of Ram.

Please need help...

I guess they are running windows small business server 2008 if they are using exchange?

We need a few more bits of information to see if its the servers fault or other problem.

1) can you do an ipconfig/all of the server (in a command prompt)

2) can you do an ipconfig/all on one of the clients.

3) can you list out the specifications of the server, CPU,HDD,RAM(4Gb),NETWORK CARDS,CORE SOFTWARE (windows,exchange,other tools?)

For exchange, you can set a policy to archive email over a specified period, however you need to be certain this is OK by the business Data retention policy (if they have one) This affects MANY things, for example, if its a legal office, they are required to keep ALL client communications etc...

Thats a start