Zero

Querky AHCI issue

Question

Hi All,

Quick one for you all.

I am currently deploying XP via SCCM OSD, and i have created a slipstream version of XP using Nlite. i have injected all the drivers for all of our lenovo fleet, and the media itself works a treat. then it gets tricky. we have around 6-7 lenovo models of drivers this cd is built for. i installed xp using this slipstream media, and then used the SCCM capture cd to capture a wim. funnily enough, the image is around 500mb, where the slipstream media is about 1gb.

that rang warning bells. so i tried that newly captured image on the same model, and it works. trying it on another model, and it installs the OS, but apon reboot to install the SCCM client, xp bluescreens with 000007b error, which implies my AHCI driver for that model is no longer on the image (where on the slipstream media, it works regardless because the driver has been injected)

so my question is as follows

1) during my initial installation of windows xp, obviously the driver needed was there. does XP drop/not carrying across un-needed drivers that are on the CD, for a cleaner install?

2) if the above answer is yes, what do i need to do to get those drivers either embedded onto the image, or installed?

edit: just wanted to say that i dont get the blue screen until AFTER its applied the xp.wim. this implies that the WinPE from sccm sp2 has the driver able to write to the disk, but the actual OS that is installed doesnt....