mimi

Windows PE searching for deleted packet

Question

Hi to all.

Since I have tryed everything that I know and managed to find on this site or any other on the Internet and still don't know the answer, I am hoping you can help me.

I have the same error in smsts.log like in this post http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/546-how-can-i-troubleshoot-windows-pe-booting-in-sccm/page__view__findpost__p__777__s__a66068755fa8573435730cdd7a4b0a30 but instead of corrupted package, I have reguest for the package that is deleted from the system.

In short, when I started to play with SCCM I have created job for installing and capturing Win XP (P010002D) and after some time I deleted it. But now when I try to deploy image for Win7 that I have captured, my PC is rebooting after Network part during Windows PE boot. And the smsts log file is showing me that it can't find Content location request for P010002D. This is true since I have deleted it, but I don't know how to make the system to forget this and deal with new packages.

My ConfigMgr system status message is showing no errors regarding any package.

I have create and recreate everything regarding deployment of Win7 (new package, new task sequence...) but no luck.

Any ideas how to make it work?

Thanks

post-6821-12832536464491_thumb.png

6 answers to this question

Little trick I found:

Try to create a Task Media with your Task Sequence.

If you pass all the screens, all the packages are available from distribution point.

If there is a missing package, corrupted package or missing distribution point, it will tell you.

Check if you have correct package in the Task sequence which is targetting on the computer also ensure the packages are avilable in DP.There should be a packcage ID(P010002D) with the TS which is advertised.

Thanks for the answer.

I have created task sequence at least 5-6 times and I only have one package in operating system images whitch is one that I am trying to use.

Package is available in DP.

The situation is that I cannot see a package ID(P010002D) anywhere on the system. I know that I have deleted it some time before I started to test Win7 deployment.

Little trick I found:

Try to create a Task Media with your Task Sequence.

If you pass all the screens, all the packages are available from distribution point.

If there is a missing package, corrupted package or missing distribution point, it will tell you.

Thanks for the idea. I will try it as soon as possible.

in the OSD node, click on the task sequence and look at the References tab underneath. it will list all packages and their package ID referenced by the Task Sequence, you'll then see what the offending package is and you can then check that that package has been distributed to the dp's

in the OSD node, click on the task sequence and look at the References tab underneath. it will list all packages and their package ID referenced by the Task Sequence, you'll then see what the offending package is and you can then check that that package has been distributed to the dp's

WOOOW!!! Thanks! Finally I can see what is this package. It is the package for Lenovo graphic. Now I can see what did I do wrong with it and move on.

I was not aware of this tab (totally newbie and self learned regarding SCCM). Seems that I have a lot to learn still. :)

Thanks again. You're the best. :)