julius

SCCM client PC unable to download package

Question

i have a problem with sccm client computer that had sccm client installed.

i'm able to see the advertised package in the "download program monitor"

but after a few hours of waiting, the download still in 0%

when i try to run the advertised program, i found that my event viewer giving me an error as below

The content for "AHS00003" - "4" could not be located. This SMS client will no longer attempt to locate this content.

Possible cause: The content source might not be available on any distribution servers, or the advertisement may have been marked not to run program when no local Distribution Point is available and this SMS client is in remote roaming boundaries of the site. Content source might not be available because the advertisement is configured with the option Run program from distribution point on one or more branch distribution points and is not available on a standard distribution point. Branch distribution points do not support advertisements that are configured with the option Run program from distribution point.

Solution: Use the Manage Distribution Points wizard to distribute the content to a distribution point. If this SMS client is expected to stay in remote roaming binderies then change the advertisement to allow running program from remote Distribution Point. Use the Manage Distribution Points wizard to distribute the content to a standard distribution point if you want to use the option Run program from distribution point.

both the server and client computer is in the internal network.

my server is using windows 2008 R2

my client is using windows 7 pro 64bit

please help!!!

6 answers to this question

ensure package avilable in DP also client communcate to the MP( locationservices.log) and find its correct DP .

Are you using protected DP ? also check In Advertisement Properties, under the Advanced Client tab, check "When no local distribution point is available:" downlaod and run .

Julius, did you solve this problem?

I'm having the same issue. I've checked the relevant logs but can't find anything. At the moment, the only advertised programs/tasks that work are ones that boot into winPE & I have to manually reboot the PC for that to happen.

Julius, did you solve this problem?

I'm having the same issue. I've checked the relevant logs but can't find anything. At the moment, the only advertised programs/tasks that work are ones that boot into winPE & I have to manually reboot the PC for that to happen.

can you check the smsts.log on the computers that failed to run the advertisement ?

ensure to make the packages avilable on the DP's(boot images on both DP standard and PXE DP).

Hi Eswar

Before I left work last night I checked the logs (including smsts.log) but the only lines referred to the download process starting. When I arrived at work this morning however, 1 PC had successfully run the package and the other pc ran the package about 2 minutes after I sat down - I guess SCCM thinks run "as soon as possible" means "whenever I feel like it" as both packages took almost 24 hours to run after they were first advertised.

Hi Eswar

Before I left work last night I checked the logs (including smsts.log) but the only lines referred to the download process starting. When I arrived at work this morning however, 1 PC had successfully run the package and the other pc ran the package about 2 minutes after I sat down - I guess SCCM thinks run "as soon as possible" means "whenever I feel like it" as both packages took almost 24 hours to run after they were first advertised.

As soon as Possible option causes the assigned program to run after it reaches the client, and as soon as all required conditions are met. This event can occur immediately after the advertisement is received, for example, if the program is specified to run when no user is logged on, or after the current user logs off. The client has no control over this setting.

What option have you selected for the TS advertisement ? download content locally or acess content directly.

As the program was firefox, I set it to download content locally & I left the PC's logged on. This is a test environment running on a 1Gb isolated network with only 4 PC's. Last week, under identical conditions, the program ran within 10 minutes.