Eswar Koneti

Reporting Services point not installed

Running SCCM 2007 and Vnext on same SQL Box(which is running on SCCM server).windows runnnig on Server 2008 X64.

Trying to install Reporting services point role in Vnext server,role is installed (from the GUI showing all green tick marks) but no logs are created in Vnext server to see what went .

And No information in IIS about reporting role.

No reports are displayed under reports node in SCCM server ,not even http://in-vnext/reports working.

any thoughts?

see if you missed anything from here

http://www.windows-n...-configuration/

Nope,i did not missed any thing but rather to use Credentials stored securely in the report server ,i use windows security (that doesnt make any issues i guess)

and rest of the things went well but when i am at New Site Role wizard appears,i can see both my SCCM and Vnext as well.so i select Vnext which host RSP role.

But wonder why smsreporting log is not created.

On different server(where Vnext is installed) which has its own SQL server Database,it works without any issues and i can able to generate new reports as well.

Nope,i did not missed any thing but rather to use Credentials stored securely in the report server ,i use windows security (that doesnt make any issues i guess)

and rest of the things went well but when i am at New Site Role wizard appears,i can see both my SCCM and Vnext as well.so i select Vnext which host RSP role.

But wonder why smsreporting log is not created.

On different server(where Vnext is installed) which has its own SQL server Database,it works without any issues and i can able to generate new reports as well.

Ah..Its my Bad.....Reprorting point services is installed fine but reporting point installation information is loged into srsrp.log(i was not looked at this log before) and site is added trusted sites to make it work and there is no applications created in IIS for this role.

You can also see SMS_SRSRP folder, will be created under Vnext installation drive(E:\SMS_SRSRP\Reports\) with catagory wise(asset intellegnce,hardware,software distribution etc) folders.

Ah..Its my Bad.....Reprorting point services is installed fine but reporting point installation information is loged into srsrp.log(i was not looked at this log before) and site is added trusted sites to make it work and there is no applications created in IIS for this role.

You can also see SMS_SRSRP folder, will be created under Vnext installation drive(E:\SMS_SRSRP\Reports\) with catagory wise(asset intellegnce,hardware,software distribution etc) folders.

You can't have SSRS on a remote SQL instance (at least in beta 1), I tried a zillion times until I was blue in the face it doesn't seem to work with beta 1. If they are on the same box all you should have to do it configure SSRS then use the use stored credentials to get the reports to show up in the console.