mymanmo

MDT Task Sequence Fails

Question

After finally getting a client computer to pxe boot I set up a task sequence in MDT 2010. After booting, the pc gets no connection at all to MDT. I get a screen that reads, "Microsoft Accelerators", then the screen disappears and the pc attempts a normal boot. I have followed the Lite Touch Install guide and have checked to make sure I had left nothing out.

I am attempting to capture an image of an XP machine. We are running Server 2008 r2. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

After finally getting a client computer to pxe boot I set up a task sequence in MDT 2010. After booting, the pc gets no connection at all to MDT. I get a screen that reads, "Microsoft Accelerators", then the screen disappears and the pc attempts a normal boot. I have followed the Lite Touch Install guide and have checked to make sure I had left nothing out.

I am attempting to capture an image of an XP machine. We are running Server 2008 r2. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

When you are at the Microsoft Accelerators" screen, please press F8 to open a command prompt. If you type Trace32, you should be able to open the log viewer. From there, you can look for any logs that might help you track down the problem.

I think that you don't have any network drivers for that computer model loaded in the MDT. But I can't be sure unless you find some logs.