MarcoX

Duplicate computer in a collection after OSD

Question

Hello,

it's not the first time i got this, but after OSD of a new Unknow Computer (from PXE), if i refresh "All systems" collection i have my computer deployed, 2 times, one say client is installed, and the same computer with no clients installed.

as you can see here :

screenshot of duplicate computer

do yo uknow why ?

it's a Windows7 x64 deployed, and curiously, computer is on "All Systems" collections, but not in my "All Windows 7 Collections" (with the good Query i found here).

I still didnt put any Key on the system and is not actived (i generally do it after deployement and not during TS)..but i don't know if it can be affect colletion query in sccm2007 , maybe not at all..

what do you think ?

Regards,

Marc.

3 answers to this question

it's probably just an Obsolete record (when a computer is reimaged the old record is marked as obsolete),

obsolete records are deleted automatically by the delete aged discovery data under site maintenance/tasks

There is no maintenance taks that will remove duplicate records in the database. You should however always configure the Delete Inactive and Delete Obosolete clients. For Duplicate records you will need to identify them and delete them. Check this post for more information http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837374 You wil also find a query to locate duplicate records in the post.