Mike S

SCCM 2007 Task Sequence Command Line Failing

Question

I am having difficulty pinpointing why I cannot run a command line task sequence. I am running the following command:

cmd /c "setup.exe -quiet -wait -responsefile \\srv252\SAS Software Depot 9.2\responsefiles\onlyEG.properties"

Not matter how I change the command line, the install always returns the following error:

(Error: 8007010B; Source:Windows)

Install Software failed to run command line, hr=0x8007010b. The operating system reported error 2147942667: The directory name is invalid.

I have disabled 64-bit redirection, stripped down the command line to only run "setup.exe", Mapped a network drive before running the command line (I changed the path to match the mapped drive, Used the "Start In" field, etc.

I know the command line works, I have ran it successfully from the "run" field.

Why won't it work in SCCM 2007?

I am pulling my already scarce hair out trying to figure this one out.

Thanks,

Mike

1 answer to this question

I am having difficulty pinpointing why I cannot run a command line task sequence. I am running the following command:

cmd /c "setup.exe -quiet -wait -responsefile \\srv252\SAS Software Depot 9.2\responsefiles\onlyEG.properties"

Not matter how I change the command line, the install always returns the following error:

(Error: 8007010B; Source:Windows)

Install Software failed to run command line, hr=0x8007010b. The operating system reported error 2147942667: The directory name is invalid.

I have disabled 64-bit redirection, stripped down the command line to only run "setup.exe", Mapped a network drive before running the command line (I changed the path to match the mapped drive, Used the "Start In" field, etc.

I know the command line works, I have ran it successfully from the "run" field.

Why won't it work in SCCM 2007?

I am pulling my already scarce hair out trying to figure this one out.

Thanks,

Mike

Are you running this command from a package? If not make sure you run the command from the correct folder.

Another easy fix would be to just create a .cmd file with your command and call the .cmd from your TS.