bbengs

Installation failed with error (0x80070004)

Question

have a simple bat file that copies an .exe file to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\" on a Windows 7 PC. in the smsts-XXXXXX-XXXXXX.log file I am receiving this error message. Below is the bat file that I am using. When I push this out to a PC that is already imaged and on the network, it is working fine. But when I build this application in UDI and then run my TS it errors out.

@echo off

xcopy Printkey2000.exe "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\" /Y

exit

Installation failed with error (0x80070004) InstallSoftware 2/23/2011 12:39:50 PM 2796 (0x0AEC)

Install Dynamic software action failed to install packageID: 'ABC00087', programID: 'Printkey 2000'. Error Code 0x80070004

I am fairly new to SCCM and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Since nobody has chimed in I thought I'd toss this out there.... Keeping in mind I don't use the UDI stuff... The "PrintKey2000.exe" file is in the source files for the package, correct? Have you tried using "C:\Windows\system32\Xcopy.exe" in your batch file to make sure it's trying to use the right utility?

Otherwise, here's some rough VBScript code that you could try using:

Option Explicit

Dim objWshShell, objFSO, SystemDrive, strScriptFileDirectory

Set objWshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

SystemDrive = objWshShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%SystemDrive%")

strScriptFileDirectory = objFSO.GetParentFolderName(wscript.ScriptFullName)

If objFSO.FileExists(strScriptFileDirectory & "\PrintKey2000.exe") Then

objFSO.CopyFile(strScriptFileDirectory & "\PrintKey2000.exe"), (SystemDrive & "\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\PrintKey2000.exe"), True

End If

Wscript.Quit