Smytty

TFTP Access Violation Error when PXE booting

Hi there folks, I have been having some issues getting a computer to properly PXE boot. This is on a new sccm setup on a server 2008 R2 box.

When I try to PXE the machine it gets an IP from my DHCP server ( since I added option 66 and 67 manually to my scope since my DHCP is on a seperate DC) but then it comes up with the following errors:

PXE-T04: Access Violation

PXE-E36: Error recived from TFTP Server

I have gone through the steps in this post to try and resolve it but to no avail. http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/546-how-can-i-troubleshoot-windows-pe-booting-in-sccm/

I have un-installed the pxe server role in SCCM, removed the WDS role from the server, rebooted, re-installed the WDS role and have not done any configuration to WDS and then re-setup the PXE role in SCCM. I have re-sent the boot files to my distribution point as well after this was done.

After all this I still recive the errors when I try to PXE boot and the following error shows up in my SMSPXE.log file:

Failed to read PXE settings.

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error: 80070002; Source: Windows) smspxe 2/23/2011 4:33:59 PM 768 (0x0300)

If anyone can shed anymore light on this and give me something else to try as I am completly stumped on this as to why I can not get this machine to PXE properly.

PS

I have also imported the machines MAC into SCCM and have it in a collection.

Hi there folks, I have been having some issues getting a computer to properly PXE boot. This is on a new sccm setup on a server 2008 R2 box.

When I try to PXE the machine it gets an IP from my DHCP server ( since I added option 66 and 67 manually to my scope since my DHCP is on a seperate DC) but then it comes up with the following errors:

PXE-T04: Access Violation

PXE-E36: Error recived from TFTP Server

I have gone through the steps in this post to try and resolve it but to no avail. http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/546-how-can-i-troubleshoot-windows-pe-booting-in-sccm/

I have un-installed the pxe server role in SCCM, removed the WDS role from the server, rebooted, re-installed the WDS role and have not done any configuration to WDS and then re-setup the PXE role in SCCM. I have re-sent the boot files to my distribution point as well after this was done.

After all this I still recive the errors when I try to PXE boot and the following error shows up in my SMSPXE.log file:

Failed to read PXE settings.

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error: 80070002; Source: Windows) smspxe 2/23/2011 4:33:59 PM 768 (0x0300)

If anyone can shed anymore light on this and give me something else to try as I am completly stumped on this as to why I can not get this machine to PXE properly.

PS

I have also imported the machines MAC into SCCM and have it in a collection.

check in WDS whether the boot files which you have mentioned are present ,under C:\RemoteInstall\ folder

Currently my "RemoteInstall" folder is residing on Drive F. I have gone through the process with WDS to change the location of the folder which has not helped either.

Currently under "F:\RemoteInstall\SMSIMAGES\SMSPKG\CO100001" There is a boot file located there.

A bit of an update after I have done some more tweaking. I put my boot.wim inside of "\RemoteInstall\SMSBoot\x86" and now all I receive when I try to PXE boot is a TFTP Timeout.