brunda

Client Downloads but does not install

Question

Hello,

I am having a problem installing the SCCM client on half of my computers, the client downloads successfully but does not install. The ccmsetup log shows "Successfully completed BITS download for client deployment files" and "Shutdown has been requested" then restarts the whole process over again and never installs the client. I am using the client push method and have been able to install the client on 200 machines this way but the remaining 150 will not install and are stuck in this loop. My setup is as follows...SCCM 2007 R2 installed on Server 2008. The clients were installed to all computers successfully when first setup then later uninstalled due to other problems. Once this was fixed the client was then pushed again to the computers. This time only half installed the client and the other half will not install. Attached is the ccmsetup.log file from one of the computers that are affected, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

ccmsetup.log

3 answers to this question

Hello,

I am having a problem installing the SCCM client on half of my computers, the client downloads successfully but does not install. The ccmsetup log shows "Successfully completed BITS download for client deployment files" and "Shutdown has been requested" then restarts the whole process over again and never installs the client. I am using the client push method and have been able to install the client on 200 machines this way but the remaining 150 will not install and are stuck in this loop. My setup is as follows...SCCM 2007 R2 installed on Server 2008. The clients were installed to all computers successfully when first setup then later uninstalled due to other problems. Once this was fixed the client was then pushed again to the computers. This time only half installed the client and the other half will not install. Attached is the ccmsetup.log file from one of the computers that are affected, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

ccmsetup.log doesnt gie up any installation error .can you check client.msi file if it has any valuable info?

Thanks for your reply,I found the problem to be the bits transfer speed was set to low and once I increased it the clients installed without error. I must give props to this site for your step by step guide to install and setup SCCM it really helped me out. Keep up the great support for newbies like me!!!