Sumixam

Problem Adding Driver Packages

I'm having difficulty with Driver Packages in SCCM 2012.

In our SCCM 2007 environment I do not import all the drivers into SCCM but use Driver Packages that point to a central source of drivers. I have a folder for each model with all the needed drivers for that modell (thanks Dell for the driver CABs, makes my life so much easier). I create the package, point it to the folder for that model and I'm all set.

I use this model in SCCM 2007: http://www.deployvista.com/Default.aspx?tabid=70&EntryID=82. (It's Johan's "The Drivers Saga Continues... This time we battle SCCM 2007... ")

I'm trying to do that same thing in SCCM 2012. The problem is, when I attempt to create the Driver Package and I point it at the folder that contains my drivers, SCCM complains that I'm not pointing it at an empty folder.

In SCCM 2012 do I have to import all my drivers and then create collections from them?

Thanks

Mike