pxedave

SCCM 2012 RC, Win 7 Ent, Deploy and capture, 0x80070002

Question

Hi Folks,

Everything was going so well :) PXE boot looks good, it seems to copy the INSTALL.WIM ok (F8 in DOS and it is present). Fails at the Applying OS stage. X: SMSTS.LOG attached. Looks like it can't find a file? Strangely I can't access an E: in DOS as mentioned throughout the logfile but maybe this is by design. Hmmmmmm.

All suggestions welcome.

D

smsts3.log

5 answers to this question

looks like you created the operating system installer package incorrectly,

Failed to locate the Windows setup program. The package must be configured to the root of the Windows installation source. For Windows XP, this must contains the I386, IA64 or AMD64 folders. For Windows Vista, this must contain the SOURCES folder

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error: 80070002; Source: Windows)

so check the guide again, it tells you exactly how to create it

cheers

niall

yep, read it again - http://www.windows-n...-windows-7-x64/ see the bit's in blue below

browse to the UNC path where you have previously copied the extracted contents of your Windows 7 X64 Enterprise ISO (I extracted mine and then copied it to \\sccm\sources\os\Windows 7x64

prior to this step.

in other words, get your ISO (or dvd) and extract the contents of that ISO to your chosen share so that every file and folder that's on the DVD/iso will be on the share.