the_smithers

Installing SCCM

Im considering installing SCCM 2007 on a Windows 2008 Server (32bit). This doesn't concern me too much, Im experienced with Server installs

and I am sure I can meet most of the pre-requisites and follow the guides in here.

My AD is housed in a different location. I am running Small Business Server 2003 in my head office, and I have no real experience of using

Active Directory as this Server Manager pretty much takes care of everything for me.

Is this likely to be a problem for me?

I would rather not install SCCM on the SBS because I have enough running on this server right now and I want to keep the SCCM

off that box.

Thanks

I would install SCCM on a different server aswell. SCCM is a complex product so I recommend that you take the time to learn it real good, so that no unwanted installations e.t.c. take place.

AD isn't used in SCCM itself everything is handled by the SMS provider and stored in the SQL database. AD is used for publishing site information to the clients but that is about it.

So in that perspective you should be fine.

Regads,

Jörgen