StefanWe

Task sequence fails by Setup windows and configmgr

Hi,

now, i could install windows 7 over my sccm pxe point. But at the task sequence "setup windows and configmgr" it fails and i can restart my client. Then, windows starts and begin with his self configuration.

I deployed only a standard task sequence to install windows 7.

I deployed windows 7 enterprise. enter a product key and by the step for setup windows and configmgr i choose as package the sccm self installed package "Microsoft configuration manager client package"

The deploy this task sequence to the device collection, boot my client and then all works, but as above described, it fails with that task sequence.

I took a look into smsts.log and can't find anything what helps, exept that the task sequence fails but no reason..

I installed from a fresh dvd windows 7 install.wim file.

Kind regards

oh my god ;)

It works. Ok. the application deployment fails, but this stands in the release notes...I must install RC2

But another thing. I configured a domain join, but this don#t work. Can you say me, where i can get more informations for troubleshooting?

ip und dns server are right. dns suffix is also right.

Hi,

i found it out. I deployed the systems to computers but sccm can only deploy systems to an ou. Now it works well.

I addition i installed RC2. It works much better. i could deploy applications in a task sequence and much bugs are fixed. Nice work @ microsoft ;)