TonyE

Urgent need of assistance

Question

Hi.

Im about to setup a SCCM for a customer who has been migrated to a new domain.

We have access to One small OU with all the customers objects, computers, users, groups, distributions lists and so on.

What do i need to ask the Domain Admin to configure before or after i have installed SCCM?

Do i need to have some Domain Rights?

I know abit of whats demanded but would like to hear what all you guys have to say.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

You do not have need admin rights, but ask domain admin to give full rights on "system management container" uder system foloder in AD to SCCM Site Servers. local admin rights on each domain system to push clients. Ask him all subnet added in AD site, healthy DNS server, WMI access on each machine from SCCM server to client, RPC port and other ports should be open in firewal level, you can find details at MS site.

a lot of work, you need to extend the AD schema, full rights to the OU for the devices and users (which you should keep in separate OU's) and use the ldap function for your discovery methods in the SCCM console. Create a security group in AD to place all sccm servers in that group, that way for long term management you don't need to add each new server to the primary etc