Wave~Chaser

Unable to run OSD on a Dell inspiron n7010 laptop

Hi,

I have a bunch of Dell inspiron n7010 laptops I need to image with SCCM 2007 OSD. I have run the OSD (pxe boot) on serveral pc just fine. When I do a pxe boot to the OSD on the laptop it starts, the Micosoft System Center Configuration 2007 windows displays, then it reboots to the original installed OS not deployed OSD.

Also, I did not see any pxe boot option in the BIOS, I just booted it to network. Not sure if it is related?

Any suggesstions?

Thanks!

Have you enabled command prompt support on the boot image? If so, you can hit F8 and run IPCONFIG to find out whether you are getting an address. You can also open the smsts log in notepad to see what is wrong. This sounds similar to an issue I had with an HP Compaq. I created a new boot image and added a network adapter driver. I referred to this thread when i was having the issue http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/546-how-can-i-troubleshoot-windows-pe-booting-in-sccm/