Below is an error message I'm getting when I launch a Sync from the Config Manager console. This error shows in my site system status.

Failures were reported on WSUS Server "TECH-SCCM1-MSV.forneyisd.net" for WSUS components "WSUSService,".

Solution: Verify that the failed WSUS components are installed and running.

Any ideas?

You may want to start off looking at WSUS services to make sure they are started and possible the roles for WSUS to confirm the components were installed.

Also check your logs for the SCCM server.

wsyncmgr.log, there may be others but this is the only one I can think of off the top of my head atm.

Check if WSUS is installed correctly, If you are using SCCM to deploy the updates do not configure the WSUS configuration wizard which comes up when you install WSUS. From the SCCM console, click on Monitoring > System Status > component status > check out the messages of SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER.