ABAdmin

Unable to import test PC...MAC issue?

Hi,

I am having issues trying to import one of my test clients into SCCM 2012 RTM. I have been using this physical machine repeatedly to test against the OS deployment\capture sequences within SCCM. Until now I could import the device via a single computer or file based import using MAC &\or GUID, but now it keeps returning ErrorCode=2152205056 with description "unable to save changes". post-14694-0-95071600-1340621682_thumb.jpgpost-14694-0-69754200-1340621683_thumb.jpg

I think the error is related to a MAC recorded in the SQL database that is not getting deleted correctly when I delete the device from within SCCM, but I cannot confirm this as SQL is completely unknown to me.

I know it is not a question of rights, as I can still import other devices, delete the import and then reimport them. post-14694-0-33101500-1340621684_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have any idea of how to check this from within SCCM or perhaps via a SQL query?

Cheers & thanks in advance,

AB

Found a workaround: The pc in question still had W7 installed from a previous test, so I could manually install the CCM client and then after the needed records had updated - it was once more in SCCM!

But, still curious as to why it gave that error when importing...any suggestions?

Go to the All Systems collection. You should see all unknown computers listed there as 'unknown'. Double click to get to properties and look at the MAC address. Once you find the one you are looking for either assign it to the right deployment collection or just delete it. Hope that helps

budsen is right, I think. I have had the same issue. When I test my OSD over and over with the same virtual machines, they are sometimes listed as Unknown in the All Systems collection. I guess it depends on how far the TS goes until you either abort it or it fails. I find it's easier just to remove the Unknown computer records altogether, and re-import my machines from scratch when that happens.