Hi All,

I'm planning to use:

- Configuration Manager

- Data Protection Manager

- Endpoint Protection

- Operations Manager

- Orchestrator

- Service Manager

In short, we have 40 H3C switches, VM Center 3 hosts, 16 Win2008R2 virtual servers, 1400 end stations (including desktops, laptops, printers and wireless APs).

Currently I have SCCM2012 (Endpoint Protection, Software Update, Image/software deployment) running on VM: 8CPU, 8GB RAM, 600GB HDD on SAN.

Can you recommend me hardware requirements please? What is the best structure for SQL databases, I mean physical location for the components I have listed above?

Thanks,

Ruslan

1 answer to this question

This isn't really just a SCOM question, but more of an architecture question.

To answer it, in relation to SCOM, you can find the Operational Database requirements here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj656649.aspx#BKMK_RBF_OperationsDatabase

For quick reference, this is what it is. But you also have to factor in SQL clustering with other System Center databases, and don't forget the SSRS reporting. I know for a fact that SCOM Reporting can not be on the same instance as SCCM Reporting.

Operational Database
  • Disk space: The operational database must have at least 1024 MB free disk space. This is enforced at the time of database creation, and it will likely grow significantly. For information about SQL Server Planning, see Installing SQL Server 2008 or Installing SQL Server 2008 R2.
  • File system: %SYSTEMDRIVE% must be formatted with the NTFS file system.
  • Operating System: Windows Server 2008 SP2 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
  • Processor Architecture: x64.
  • Windows Installer version: at least Windows Installer 3.1.
  • Microsoft SQL Server: SQL Server 2008 SP1, SQL Server 2008 SP2, SQL Server 2008 SP3, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1, or SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2.
  • SQL Server Full Text Search is required.
  • Both .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 4 are required. For more information, see the following documents: