Andersson

Exchange Server 2013 Preview – Part 1: Complete guide of how to perform the installation

Question

Yesterday I did write an article of how to install the new beta/preview of Exchange 2013.

Follow the link below to read it

Part 1 have now been published here, read it at the link below

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6024-exchange-server-2013-preview-part-1-installation-guide/

http://www.testlabs....e-installation/

6 answers to this question

Can, I install CAS & Mailbox Role onto a single server 2008 R2? I am going to try EX 2013 inside vmware workstation 8.

I am running EX 2010 SP2 currently on HP 6515b Laptop.

Update - Just found out both roles can be installed on server 2008 or server 2012 (Windows 8).

Hi,

Yes you can both roles on one server, multirole server. But it's not recommended to install it on a DC..

I did in my test env. but it didn't work very well, so i really don't recommend that :)

I'm also using vmware workstation 8.* for my lab, it works pretty good :)

What did you think about the guide?

Is it possible to run both EX 2010 & EX2013 together? I am running EX 2010 on HP Laptop 6515b. I would like to run EX 2013 as a virtual machine on vSphere 5. They both will be on the same network (192.16.0.0).

By the way this is a home lab setup used for testing various products.

I am using smart host to relay the mail because current ISP blocked port 25 and they won't open port 25. I am using tzo.com as smart host relay agent.

Hi,

Not using the beta/Preview version of Exchange 2013. But the RTM can run together with 2010 SP3.

I'm not 100% when SP3 will be released but it will prepare the 2010 organization for having 2013, prepare schema etc.

At the moment you need to have the Preview/beta in it's own forest, that's what I'm doing.

I hope it did answer your question?

If you have more question, create a new thread and i will reply to those :)