hcanning

Deploying Office 2010 with an SCCM task sequence - hangs

Hi folks,

I'm having a nightmare of a time trying to get SCCM to install Office 2010 after a Windows 7 image install via a task sequence. I can get .msi's of Adobe Reader and our corporate AV to install beautifully, but the one bit of software you'd expect to work seamlessly? Nope!

I've followed all the guides online that I can find relating to creating Applications in SCCM2012 for Office 2010 and yet it'll still hang. It appears to copy the setup files locally but not actually get any further.

I've modified the config.xml file and set up the unattended .MSP file using the instructions here:

http://technet.micro...y/dd630736.aspx

and used instructions on integrating with SCCM such as here http://www.systemcen...50/Default.aspx and here http://blogs.technet...on-manager.aspx but it's having none of it.

Does anyone have any experience with this?!

The log files don't appear to show anything meaningful.

I should also add that I am very much new to SCCM but I've spent the last week or so setting it up and it's working quite well otherwise!

Many thanks!

What commandline are you using?

Easyway:

use OCT to create your custom MSP file.

Name and save the MSP file in the root of the office 2010 folder.

Create your package and the commandline is setup.exe /adminfile xxxx.MSP

Rocket Man

I usually troubleshoot installations as follows:

• Advertise the program to a collection with the machine, make it available (not required)
  • Open the software center (Start > all prog > MS System Center 2012 > Software Center)
  • Start the installation of your program
  • Look at the status while it's installing
  • Monitor the log-file "C:\windows\CCM\Logs\execmgr.log" on the client (with the tool cmtrace.exe) while it's installing the package. (it should give you a hint as to what's going wrong)

I would also try to have the program say only "setup.exe", if it seems to be a problem with the installer you could also add /L*v! C:\Verboselog.txt to the program to get a log file out of the installer itself (haven't tried it myself though).