williaml

Commands in Task Sequence

I am fairly new at SCCM. I have done the build and capture win7x64, with updates and software installed. I am now taking my captured image and appling it. I need to change things like the power settings, UAC and run a few other command line items.

To turn off UAC with a command line, it needs to run in the elevated command prompt. I am unsure how to do this in the task sequence. I have tried running under my SCCM domain admin Account, as .\administrator, with no account... all seem to fail.

I set the Disable 64-bit file system. no luck

In the task sequence It is after the "setup windows and configuration manager". I have also added a restart computer "current installed" before. still errors.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Hi set a command line component in the TS and enter in

reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

and set a time out of 1 min.

This should be done anywhere after the setup windows and configuration manager.......and then after this simply add a restart command...the disable UAC will immediately take affect with the restart, thus not requiring the first logon user to restart it.

Ok

I was using

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft
\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

It just sets there. I tried a time out but it said it erred due to a time out.

I will give the above command a try