nicka

Retry failed application deployment

Hey all,

I am working on a new SCCM infrastructure, and am currently testing out application deployment using SCCM 2012, and I am new to Config Manager. I am deploying applications to computers (not users) and setting it to required and to install ASAP. That has been going well most of the time, but sometimes, for various reasons, it will fail to deploy. In such occasions, it shows as an "error" in sccm when I view it in the monitoring area, but I cannot figure out how to retry this. Does anyone here know how? I feel like I am missing something very basic

Edit: I was lacking in details so just a bit of clarification. I created a collection named "Office" and moved a computer into it. I have deployed the application to the collection, and it is set to required. Because of something non-related to SCCM, it failed. At this point I am not able to retry the installation.

Please let me know if any more details are needed.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

I think if you initiate and application deployment eval cycle it will re run it as well. It seems to work this way in my lab at least. What I did was create an applicatoin and make it required, it installed OK. I then uninstalled it and ran that scan, it then installed again without me having to do anything else.

You most likley want to schdule a re evaluation for software deployment. Default is 7 days. See the header Software Deployment.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682067.aspx