Rocket Man

Office 2013 Pro (OCT)

Question

Has anyone successfully managed to succesfully create office2013 via the OCT creating a custom MSP file?

At the configure shortcuts section I want to add shortcuts to the desktop folder but also leave them in start program folder(default) ,Access, PP, Word, Excel and SkyDrive Pro......When I go through the process it throws up a strange alert stating that there is an invalid start in folder??? I cannot continue not unless I punch something into this field.. attachment below

office2013.PNG

I have done this without any errors with office 2010 with the same procedures as attempted above....I do not know what seems to be the problems..... According to technet it states that "Enter a path to specify the default starting folder for the application. If you leave this box blank, the default folder is set to the folder where the destination file resides. If the path is not valid on a user's computer, the user sees an error message when the user tries to use the shortcut."

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179097(v=office.15).aspx#Additional_content

If i leave it blank it throws up the alert.....is this already a bug with office 2013 or is there a way to overcome this?

Thanks Rocket Man

Yes this is another workaround!!

But I have just found something out with either methods of shortcut deployments. If your machines are multi-user and user1 decides to delete any of the shortcuts from their desktop it will delete it from the public desktop also....so any user that logs into the machine will not have the shortcuts that were deleted by user1...damn this.

I have since seen another work around which does work and prevents this from occurring but only if the users do not have local admin. They wont have permission to delete the shortcuts if they do not have local admin. The shortcuts deployed via batch or add files method does not matter any standard user can delete them which ends up deleting them for all users. At least with the OCT method as demonstrated in the link below will prevent a standard user from deleting them!!

http://www.myangrydome.com/?p=1525

This does work but not for the Lync shortcut!!

Add a [ in the start in field it will let you save... got this from a Microsoft article

Decided to go back and repackage my Office 2013 deployment changing a few things and tried the "[" above for the icons; worked great! Thanks nclinch!