MagnumVP

Forefront Definition Update Location

I'm aware that a Distribution Point can not be used as a software update location (Too bad - stuck with WSUS for now), but can it be used to stage Forefront definition updates for systems in that site?

I want to utilize Forefront for security but don't want the systems in remote sites to pull down the definition updates over the WAN.

I'm aware that a Distribution Point can not be used as a software update location (Too bad - stuck with WSUS for now), but can it be used to stage Forefront definition updates for systems in that site?

I’m not sure what you mean by the above.

Yes you can use a DP to download SU’s (or Forefront defs) themselves (not the detection details, just the SU themselves)

So if I have 50 workstations in a remote site with a DP and I approve 15 updates company wide (with a cumulative size of 100MB) will the updates get pushed to the DP and the workstations pull from there? Or will all 50 workstations independently pull 100MB each (totaling 5GB) across the WAN connection?