Abe_Froman

OSD not installing Applications - SCCM 2012

Question

I've been working on this for about a week and can't figure it out.

I'm trying to deploy Windows 7 with a couple applications and everything looks good up until the part it should be installing the applications. It completes and lets me log on with my domain account, but not with the local Administrator account, even though I configured the task sequence to enable that account and gave it a password. Once logged in, I see that no applications were installed and no Config Mgr client either. I see that it has given the hard drive label, OSDisk, Applyed Org Name, joined the domain and put the computer in the proper container, and has applied drivers. Most of the drivers as there are a couple that are missing.

I'm not getting an error and I don't see any log files on the client; the only thing I see is a file in the root (_SMSTSVolumeID.xxxxxxxxx) and an empty folder named "boot".

I've deleted this computer from SCCM and re-added it, I've deleted the task sequence and created a new one, I've tried another computer, I've updated my distribution points regarding the boot files, Win 7 image, and software. Nothing seems to help.

I can deploy packages, applications, the Config Mgr client (using discovery methods) without a problem and have been for months since we upgraded from SCCM 2007. I'm trying to get the OSD working on SCCM 2012 so I can retire SCCM 2007. I have migrated my images, drivers and packages from SCCM 2007 where OSD worked very well.

SCCM seems to think that the deployment is still in progress based on the deployment status " "

I've attached some images, any help would be very much appreciated!

thanks,

post-10595-0-62598700-1357660546_thumb.jpg

post-10595-0-03269100-1357660560_thumb.jpg

post-10595-0-13556100-1357660572_thumb.jpg

post-10595-0-79335900-1357660581_thumb.jpg

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet