chimmez

SCCM can deploy an image, but it will not capture

Hello,

I love all of the tutorials on this site; extremely helpful and easy to follow.

I have run into a slight problem though; I am up to the Build and Capture process of Windows 7. By following the guides, SCCM 2012 SP1 will deploy the OS to my virtual machine, however it just seems to skip the capture process, leaving me without a capured WIM. I can still use the virtual machine, it just leaves me with a blank copy of Windows 7.

I have attached the SMSTS.log file just for reference. smsts.log

According to that file, the process fails when trying to install the sms client is trying to be installed, and for the life of me I cannot work out why!... Could this be a permissions issue somewhere? I have made sure that the Network Access Account has access to \\sccm01\sources\caputres - so that shouldnt be any issue. A weird thing that I have noted however is that the path \\sccm01\SMS_P01\Client is inaccessable to my SMSadmin account - even going as far as saying that I do not have the permission to even view who the owner of that folder is. Probably not relavant, however as the client package pulls information from \\sccm01\SMS_P01\Client, I thought it may be insightful.

Thanks for your help everyone. and especially anyweb for his awesome guides!

smsts.log

Try making a new client package from definition and use that instead in the capture process.

Ive had this problem before and there was something wrong with the package, you could try to re-destribute the package to the DP.

I would try to create a new one tho from definition.

I ran into this problem yesterday, I discovered that the cert for MicrosoftPolicyPlatformSetup.msi in for the client folder had expired. Guess this is a known bug and Microsoft released a hotfix for it the other day.

http://777notes.wordpress.com/2013/01/14/sccm-2012-sccm-2012-sp1-client-update-failed-error-couldnt-verify-cwindowsccmsetupmicrosoftpolicyplatformsetup-msi-authenticode-signature-return-code-0x800b0101/

Hope this helps!

Yeah, apply that hotfix first of all.

And then make sure your SMSadmin account has permissions to save the capture in the destination folder, it's not the NAA that does the capture. Also make sure the password is typed correctly. When you set the capture account, did you press Verify after?