LionelB

Package distribution in progress

Hello,

I am migrating my sccm environment from 2007 to 2010 SP1 and I have a problem with distribution points.

The migration went fine (I migrated the packages, collections, updated the distribution points : some of them still use windows Server 2003)

I was able to distribute contents for applications and i migrated some packages to the new application model with package conversion manager.

I had to remove some "content locations" for some packages then I had to add them again.

But the content distribution is still "in progress" (Message: "Content transfer was instructed to send content to the distribution point")

Even if the DP is on the LAN, the packages are still not copied.

I do not find any information about the closest DP in the distmgr.log file

In the PkgXFerMgr.log, I can see the send request is pending.

Send Request 100ED100~ Job: J6NLAPWB Destination: SRV-XXX ~ State: Pending Status: Action: None~ Total size: 0 k Remaining: 0 k Heartbeat: 14:00~ Start: 12:00 Finish: 12:00 Retry: ~ SWD PkgID: 00000051 SWD Pkg Version: 20

You can find attached an example for a test package.

I tried to change the distribution priority to high but it doesn't change anything.

Is SCCM supposed to give a higher priority to a nearer distribution point ?

Can i have an idea of how SCCM schedules its package distribution queue ?

Is there a maximum number of packages that I can distribute at the same time ?

Thank you for your help.

post-17351-0-11933300-1366293064_thumb.png