Harmen1966

Best practise question

Question

Well I did it I made an advertisment to shutdown computers on 10PM but created the advertisment on 10AM, so the adv. went off and computers where shutting down. I quickly read here what to do so the damage wasn't that big but it was dumb.

So what is the best practise for an small script file "download and run it loccally" or "run it from the DP" in my opinion run it from the DP is the best in this way beacause when I make a mistake I delete the security rights from the folder on the DP and the program won't work.

TIA.

Harmen

1 answer to this question

Hi,

In the new application Model in Configuration Manager 2012 you actually don't have the option to "run it from the DP" anymore. I would say that it depends totally on what you are deploying when you use a package/program. In many scenarios it is really nice to download it Before to save the network bandwidth, and in some cases where you for instance deploy a task sequence to deploy a office service pack you are benefited from using run directly if possible becuase then you could for instance not download all languages that you don't need on the platform.

For a small script I would probably run it from the DP.

Regards,
Jörgen