dgunz

Never ending advertisement program

Question

:angry: Hello everyone, I currently am facing an issue with sccm. I configured a advertisement about 4 months ago which indeed ran on all the computers.

Now the issue seems to be that the advertisement continues to run even after I have disabled it. I later deleted the advertisement completely from the sccm server.

Come to find out that there are still people running the advertisement. I dont know what exactly is causing this, perhaps the policy is not getting updated on the box, I checked the logs and I find that the package has been deleted within the logs, but still it runs. What else is there for me to verify that this doesnt run again. I would appreciate any help thanks.

2 answers to this question

Hm these problems should disapear if you have your clients uppdating their policys frequently.

The polling interval can be set in the "computer client agent properties" found under client agents.

post-2500-1239774908_thumb.jpg

If you use the tools found on this site you can trigger a policy updates manually on single computers or on whole collections:

http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/rhouchins/a...lick-tools.aspx

Allso if you are having policy problems i would recommend you to look into the the tool called "policySpy" found in the SCCM Toolkit:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...15-141683c7ad5f

Allso these logs can be usefull on the client:

<computername>\admin$\system32\ccm\logs\PolicyAgent.log

<computername>\admin$\system32\ccm\logs\Policyevaluator.log

Hey thanks for your response. I have read up on the article and downloaded the tools. I have ran the tool and checked the logs, apparently the advertisement was deleted and not available since last year, if this is the case from running one of these tools, why would it have ran. The refreshing of the policy has been updated to update every 1 hour. I will see if this helps , and takes care of the issue. Would a client likely to cache a advertisement and then continue to run it even after it has been deleted and disabled.

If the advertisement gets disabled. During the refresh of the policy it would tell the client that the advertisement is no longer available, is this correct.

What is the exact process of this. thanks in advance.