armin961

Creating collections for hard drive and RAMs

Question

Hello

I have problem creating a query for my desired collections.

in our organization we have a lot of devices. my superviser asked me to sort out the ones which have less than 2GB of RAM. I first started with query on physical memory attribute which is measured in MB. the query was as simple as this :

devices where the physical memory.size is less than 2048.

but the problem starts when a PC for example have 2048 MB of RAM which is consisted of 4X512 MB of RAM. although the system total memory is 2048, because at least one RAM is less than 2048 in slots, the query select this system which is not my desired action.so I tried using the query which is using the memory attribute :

devices where memory.total physical memory is less than (e.g) 192600 in KB.

this query is more exact than the last one. but the candidate values which is already in the system database and can be selected are too many( e.g, 194500 , 201500, .... ) which I think can somehow be confusing . It may hard to know if for example the number 188500 KB is for 2048 or 1536.

I also have the same problem with hard drives. I want to sort out the systems which have 160GB or 80GB hard drives.

devices where the Disk Drive.size is less than 170000MB.

if a system for example has a 160GB hard drives and also has a 320GB one, It is selected which is not I want. I want the query to evaluate the condition for all disk drives and when all drives pass the condition, the query select the required device.

Please also tell me if there is a simple way to differentiate between a laptop and a PC in a query. I just want to sort out the PCs.

I hope I could have explained my problem very clearly. It is very important for me if you could tell me a query which solves my mentioned problem. I would be really glad.

thanks in advance

1 answer to this question