Hadleigh_Lynn

Configuring Report Server SCCM 2012 SP1

Hello,

I have inherited a SCCM environment and I need to configure reporting services for an asset manager internally. It looks like the current install is a bit broken as when we browse the website internally we get the attached site. reportingpost-20453-0-32929100-1370914836_thumb.jpgpost-20453-0-22566800-1370915320_thumb.jpg

We can run reports from the SCCM console ok however.

Our SCCM environment is running on two servers

1 Server Running as the Primary SCCM sitepost-20453-0-66589000-1370915095_thumb.jpg

1 Server running SQL as a site system serverpost-20453-0-49191600-1370915098_thumb.jpg

Screen shots of roles installed to each server.

Could it be that we are missing a cretin component from our SQL server to have the reporting page display correctly? I cant see any IIS install to configure on the SQL server.

Thanks,
Hadleigh

Hi Garth,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I am having this same exact issue and can not find a fix for it. I have my SQL Database and report services on a second server that is not my primary site server. I get the same exact type of FTP looking site when I go to the report servers URL using http://REPORTSERVERNAME/ConfigMgr_IDC. all of the reports run fine but the site looks like the screenshots above, rather than a typical report server site. Any idea on what can be done to remedy the issue?

I am running Configuration Manager 2012 R2 and the database in on a SQL Server 2008.

Thank you very much!

The url that you have listed is not correct. What exactly is the url that you are using? Is it Reports or ReportServer?

The Primary SCCM site is "IDCSCCM" the SQL database and reporting services are on spdb. So the url i am using is http://SPDB/ConfigMgr_IDC

Here is a screen shot of what i get when i go to that URL:

Rbudx6W.jpg

Here is what i see in the reporting component in the sccm console:

sr3N8eU.jpg

Hope this answers your question. Thanks for your reply!

I never seen these be exactly the same and I think that is your problem.

The first one is always ReportServer and the second one is Reports. Is this a shared SSRS server? If not then change the two items back to the defaults. If so, then make sure that both URLs are different. ReportService_<sitecode> and Reports_<Sitecode>. Once fixed reinstall the RP and everything should be good.

• Like 1

I never seen these be exactly the same and I think that is your problem.

The first one is always ReportServer and the second one is Reports. Is this a shared SSRS server? If not then change the two items back to the defaults. If so, then make sure that both URLs are different. ReportService_<sitecode> and Reports_<Sitecode>. Once fixed reinstall the RP and everything should be good.

interesting...i tried to follow the setup as closely as possible but i guess i messed something up. i will attempt to remove the SSRS Role from SCCM, stop the SSRP Service on the SQL server, change those 2 URLs, start the service back up and then reinstall the role. Will get back to you and let you know what happens. hopefully i dont make it worse.

Thanks again for your help!

Garth! You have resolved weeks of searching and troubleshooting!

Once i removed the necessary services/roles, changed those URLs and then reinstalled with the correct path, the site displayed correctly on the first try! I even saw the folders for the reports show up one by one as they were being loaded!

Thank you so very much!!!

TqYqQab.png