abouelse

There are no task sequences available to this computer

We have and SCCM 2012 SP1 server. We've been deploying task sequences okay for a few months now. However, just this week when I attempt to deploy task sequences to do OS deployments I am having a problem.

The PC will PXE boot, finish configuring network and restart. When I look in the SMSTS.log file I see the error: There are no task sequences available to this computer. I've tried a number of different task sequences on a number of different computers. I've checked the cert, deleted and re-added the computers, deleted and recreated collections, I've rebooted my SCCM server, none of this resolved the issue.

I'm not sure what the problem is. I've attached my SMSTS log. I'd appriciate any help.

smsts.log

The task sequence is listed in the deployments tab of the Device Collection as "required". So, I believe it is advertised. Also, I have delete and recreated both the computer and the device collection. This is happening on all of my computers currently.

Did you ever resolve this problem? I am running into the same issue. We have 6 build collections, each with a different task sequence deployed to them. They are set to required and Always Rerun Program. The problem I am having is a new bare metal box will build once. If it fails at some point beyond laying down the OS and it boots to the OS and checks into SCCM, I can never get it to run that task sequence again. If I clear PXE advertisement it says there are none to clear. I verify that the task sequence is deployed to that collection and that the computer object is still in that collection. In the properties of the computer object, on the deployments tab, it shows that the task sequence is available to it.

However when I PXE boot it goes into WinPE and establishes network connectivity and then reboots immediately. If I hit F8 and check out the smsts.log, I see the following: There are no task sequences available to this computer.

In SCCM 2007, I could delete the object from SCCM and then re-create it. No problem. However in SCCM 2012, it handles "deletion" completely differently. Here's an article: http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/2012/08/08/sccm-2012-when-you-delete-a-system-from-the-console-its-removed-from-v_r_system-but-still-exists-in-table-system_disc/

So I can't figure out how to redeploy a task sequence to an existing SCCM object or one that failed at some point but still checked into SCCM.