sivakishanv

\BOOT\BCD ERROR

Question

Hello people,

This is my first post in the forums. I am having some trouble installing Windows 7 over PXE boot.

Here is what I did.

I followed the procedure in this website http://etherboot.org/wiki/winpe and create a boot folder and put that in TFTP server. I configured my windows DHCP server by adding 066 and 067 to my TFTP Server IP and pxeboot.n12

But when I am booting up a client machine. I get this error in the below image. What am I doing wrong?

BCD%20Error1.jpg

Note: I cannot use a CD to boot Windows PE. I have to boot Windows PE over PXE boot from network.

Note2: I cannot use Windows Deployment services also..

Sorry for this "I cannot use" list. I am trying to develop something out of it.

2 answers to this question

The solution I am looking at is to install windows 7 on a remote computer which does not have CD driver or USB drive, which means I have to install it over a network. So for this I have to boot Windows PE from network using a TFTP server and then install windows. For creation of that windows PE boot files, I followed the process in http://etherboot.org/wiki/winpe and created a boot folder. But the problem is I am unable to boot a new machine from that folder and I was getting that error message shown in my previous post in the thread.

It would be great if you could help me with that.