jrlane

OSD will not start due to dependencies

Question

I have an OSD task sequence that deploys an OS then installs 9 applications. If i deploy the TS the machines will get the task and show downloading 0% in the software center. Looking at the logs (execmgr i believe) i can see that it is waiting on a depency, however it does not tell me what the depency is! It only tells me that it's something to do with the OSD task sequence package. Keep in mind that looking at the references tab for the TS it shows all of the references are 100% compliant for all of our DPs.

If i disable the 9 application installs in the TS, it runs beautifully as expected. This has happend to us in the past and last time I had thought it had something to do with one of the applications having a supercedence relationship with a retired package that was never distributed. I have checked for this again and didnt find anything (im going to check once more to make sure).

Does anyone have any tips on how i can definitively track down what is causing this?

2 answers to this question