twiddler

How to Deploy - Upgrade Outlook 2013

Question

My company has decided to upgrade Outlook 2010 Standard to Outlook 2013 Pro to take advantage of the new Archiving with Exchange 2010. Problem I have is how to deploy the upgrade to everyone's machine. I tried using the guide on deploying Office with SCCM 2012, but it doesn't work. Outlook prompts the user to Upgrade or Custom install. I haven't figured out how to tell the package to just perform the Upgrade.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Brian

4 answers to this question

Yes, I followed the same guide for deploying Office using SCCM 2012. I created the MSP file but it still asks for the Upgrade option. I think the problem is that Outlook can't be removed by itself, only the whole office package can be uninstalled. I just want to somehow tell the package to perform the Upgrade and not prompt me. I don't see that option when I run setup.exe /admin .

Ok, I think I figured out my problem. It looks like the setup was not loading the MSP file. I changed the install parameter in SCCM to setup.exe /adminfile \\[network source\msp file]. I moved the MSP to a file share on the network and used the /adminfile to point to it. Now it does a silent install without any prompts.

Brian