ahmed226

Unable to install Config. Manager client on client machine - pls help

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the config. manager client and run advertised programs features on my client pc.

I have been following the guide here http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/491-how-can-i-configure-sccm-2007-in-windows-server-2008-part-3/

but I am unsure of the section on computer client agent properties. when adding a network access account, do i add the full domain name then the account? e.g.: test.corp\SMSADMIN

my domain is test.corp

Server/computer name: SERVER2008R2DC

Full Computer Name: SERVER2008R2DC.test.corp

or do i enter SERVER2008R2DC/SMSADMIN?

i have checked the computer management/collections section of config manager and my client pc is listed.

I have manually tried running the client installation wizard from my server, wizard completes but no change, nothing is installed on client pc.

i checked DNS, and my client pc is registered/making DDNS entries. I can ping from server to client and vice versa.

appreciate your help. Thanks.

Hi,

For the Network access account you should add domain\username. If you install the client manually using ccmsetup, have you extended the Active directory and made sure that the client can publish it's site information under System\System management?

If you run it from the server = Client Push, you must have configured a client push account or granted local admin permissions on the client, you can check the Ccm.log on the server for client push errors.

The pre reqs are listed here. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680537.aspx

Regards,
Jörgen