Bumbi85

Possible to stop advertisments running during OSD

Hi.

I was wondering if it's possible to stop mandatory advertisments during OSD in SCCM 2012.

We can se in the logs on the server that it is running alot of advertisments outside of the OSD, and we Think that this cause trouble with a program outside the TS is "locking" the computer from installing the programs in the TS.

So we are wondering if it's possible to block advertisments outside the TS from running during OSD?

Best Regards Bumbi85

Well the problem is when you reinstall computers that are already installed and reporting to the SCCM, have advertisment on them that are advertised to all computers the Customer have.

Then this problem will occur. There wasnt a problem with cm07 as it didnt have this behavior. But CM12 installs programs during OSD

Why would you have a machine that's being reimaged being a member of several other collections where apps are deployed to?

And I'm not sure about this, but I can't imagine a computer picking up other deployments during and OSD task sequence. It seems highly unlikely.