• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Windows 8 Start button is back.

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Paul Thurrot can now confirm that most of the rumored coming changes to the Start experience in Windows 8.1 “Blue” are correct. And he's got a few screenshots to help demonstrate how these changes are implemented.     First up, please be sure to read Coming in Blue: Boot to Desktop, Start Button, and More. In that post, he describes a set of very credible rumors about some of the changes that Microsoft is making to the Windows 8.1 update. Since posting that, he has been able to confirm a nu

Microsoft Confirms Windows Blue Update Coming; Says Windows 8 Passes 100 Million Licenses Sold

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    After months of rumors, Microsoft on Monday confirmed it is readying an update to Windows 8 for later this year. Codenamed Windows Blue, the update will enable Windows to run on a wider range of devices (read: smaller-screen tablets). In a blog post, Microsoft says the update will also respond to some criticisms of Windows 8 and Windows RT, but the company didn’t go into specifics.     “Windows Blue is a codename for an update that will be available later this year, building on the bold vis

The Microsoft number we all want to know: Windows 8 sales to date

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    On April 18, Microsoft didn't share the one number many company watchers had been awaiting: An updated count of number of Windows 8 licenses sold. There was no guarantee the Softies would provide an updated count today, the day it released its Q3 FY2013 earnings. But many of us had been expecting it. Microsoft officials said they sold more than 40 million copies of Windows 8 the first month it was commercially available. On January 8, Microsoft officials said the company had sold 60 mi

Microsoft's Strong Quarter Leaves Critics in the Dust

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft may be having the last laugh with Thursday's report that the company enjoyed a strong uptick in sales and profits for the first three months of 2013. The software giant pulled in revenue of $20.5 billion in its fiscal third quarter, up 18 percent from the same period in 2012, while also reporting operating income of $7.6 billion, up 19 percent, and diluted EPS of $0.72, up 20 percent. "The bold bets we made on cloud services are paying off as people increasingly choose Microsoft

MMS 2013 is well underway, and the cloud is more prevalent than ever

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    MMS 2013 is well underway in Las Vegas and those lucky enough to be there got to see the usual Keynote from Microsoft Corporate Vice President Brad Anderson. There were plenty of buzzwords in the keynote from Brad, but before he spoke there were a few snippets from Microsoft customers explaining how IT is growing faster than ever before and how it's adapting to change in order to get closer to business.     Live demos   He kicked off the keynote by announcing the delays was due to no inte

Microsoft expected to update its full suite of built-in Windows 8 apps

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Summary: Microsoft appears ready to roll out the set of expected updates to its full set of core, Microsoft-developed Windows 8 applications, as rumored earlier this month. By Mary Jo Foley   t looks like Microsoft is poised to update almost all of its core Microsoft-developed apps that shipped with Windows 8.   At the start of this month, I posted that Microsoft was expected to provide updates to everything, from Windows Mail to Xbox Music, some time in March. On March 22, Windows

Internet Explorer 10 now available for Windows 7 users

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Developers have had early access to Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 for a few months now, but Microsoft is making the final release available to consumers and businesses today. Available in 95 languages, Windows 7 users will be auto upgraded to IE10 in the coming weeks, with the initial push targeted at IE10 Release Preview users. Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7 includes improved JavaScript performance, and a focus on battery life improvements for mobile PCs. Although Internet Explorer 10

Surface Pro: My week as engineer and train commuter

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    The Microsoft Surface Pro is not for everyone. But after snagging the elusive 128GB Pro and using it daily for over a week -- at home, at the office, and during my two hour daily train commute -- I find that so far it is perfect for me. I wrote why the Surface RT couldn't cut it for me while I was on the road, which drove me to the Surface Pro. While I could have purchased another Windows 8 computer or a MacBook Air (running Windows for my engineering apps), the attraction of the Surface Pro

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.