• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Windows 8 build 7867 screenshots surface, hint at impending leak

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    With Microsoft well at work on the next version of Windows — more specifically with Windows 8 M2 development underway — many are hoping for a build to escape Redmond and leak upon us. The build may very well have escaped Redmond, but not to the general public, but through a chain of under-the-table passing from one trustee to the next.   DeviantArt user Misaki2009 with ties to the Russian leaking community has published the following screenshots of 6.2.7867.0.101020-1800 on his dA page:  

Happy 25th anniversary, Excel

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Albert, Chew, Product Manager for Excel, kicks off Excel's 25th anniversary celebration.     Excel is perhaps the most revolutionary tool for looking at numbers since the invention of the digital calculator. It has dramatically changed the way we analyze data and has improved productivity for everyone. Last year marked the 25th Anniversary of the Microsoft Excel franchise, and though I have only been the Excel Product Manager for the last two years, I have a clear memory of the early days o

Internet Explorer 9 RC will introduce “show tabs below address bar” option

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft is currently preparing the Release Candidate build of Internet Explorer 9 and WinRumors has learnt of a new change.   Microsoft is currently testing builds of Internet Explorer 9 that include the ability to re-position the tabs to below the address bar. The current public beta build does not include this capability and Microsoft is expected to build this into the Release Candidate. Users can turn the functionality on by selecting “show tabs below address bar” after right clicking in

More on Microsoft 'Jupiter' and what it means for Windows 8

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    After a first tip this week on Microsoft’s Jupiter — a new “application model” for Windows 8 — I started nosing around to learn more about this mysterious new Microsoft codename.   Here’s a brain dump of what I learned after talking to a couple of sources of mine who spoke on the condition of anonymity, but whom I believe are in the know about the project.   Jupiter is going to be a new user interface (UI) library for Windows, built alongside Windows 8. It will be a thin XAML/UI layer on top

Server and Tools chief Muglia to leave Microsoft in summer 2011

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft veteran and Server & Tools Business (STB) President Bob Muglia is leaving Microsoft, according to an email that CEO Steve Ballmer sent to employees on January 10.     From Ballmer’s email:   “The best time to think about change is when you are in a position of strength, and that’s where we are today with STB – leading the server business, successful with our developer tools, and poised to lead the rapidly emerging cloud future. Bob Muglia and I have been talking about t

How the stars aligned against Microsoft at CES 2011

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    This year’s Consumer Electronics Shows was one of the biggest and most substantive in years as tech companies showed off some legitimately breakthrough products and transmitted a general sense of enthusiasm about the future and the innovations that are coming down the pipeline.   However, one big player that noticeably missed the boat on the big trends and failed to generate much enthusiasm was Microsoft. That’s why I put Microsoft on the losers list in my post on the biggest winners and loser

CES: Microsoft shows off Windows 8 on ARM

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft demonstrated at a press conference on January 5 the “next version of Windows” running on ARM processors, as many Microsoft watchers had been expecting.   At the press conference — held a few hours before CEO Steve Ballmer will keynote the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) — Microsoft Windows President Steven Sinofsky showed off an early build of Windows 8 runnong on new systems-on-a-chip (SoC) platforms from NVIDIA, Qualcomm and Texas Instruments on ARM. To prove Microsoft isn’t abando

Microsoft at 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES)

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Watch Steve Ballmer's CES Keynote On-Demand     Jan. 5, 2011 Watch the full on-demand video of Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's opening keynote address at 2011 CES on Wednesday evening in Las Vegas. On-Demand: Keynote Address Transcript: Steve Ballmer Keynote       via > http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/events/ces/

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.