• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Dear XP users: No IE9 for you (Listen up people, XP is dead!)

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Yesterday Microsoft unveiled to the masses the beta of its new browser IE9. But this new browser won’t run on the majority of Windows systems currently out there. Is this a problem? Will it encourage XP users to upgrade?   Here’s the deal. About two-thirds of PCs out there run Windows XP. Windows XP doesn’t support the Direct2D API that IE9 uses for hardware acceleration. No Direct2D support, no IE9.   But does it matter?   Well, the first thing to bear in mind is that IE9 is currently in

When Web sites and Web apps collide with IE 9: Questions and some answers

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    That’s what Microsoft Corporate Vice President Dean Hachamovitch told attendees of Microsoft’s Internet Explorer (IE) 9 beta launch in San Francisco this week, where Microsoft made available for download a public Beta 1 of IE 9. Hachamovitch’s comment — and Microsoft’s showcasing of a number of big-name partners customizing their sites and apps for IE 9 — got me thinking about what happens when the line between apps and sites are not so clear-cut.   Here was my thinking: If IE 9 is designed to

Internet Explorer 9 beta review: Microsoft reinvents the browser

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Today in San Francisco, Microsoft will officially unveil Internet Explorer 9 and make it available to the general public. It is, without question, the most ambitious browser release Microsoft has ever undertaken, and despite the beta label it is an impressively polished product.     A closer look at the Internet Explorer 9 beta (screenshots)   The underpinnings of IE9 are no secret. Microsoft has been talking since last fall about its determined effort to adhere to Web standards and embra

Internet Explorer 9 Beta is available

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Download languages for Internet Explorer 9 Beta   Internet Explorer 9 Beta is available in many languages. You can download Internet Explorer 9 Beta in the language that matches your version of Windows or choose the English version, which works with all versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7. For additional information, see How do I install or uninstall Internet Explorer 9?   If you need help finding out what version of Windows you're running, see Is my PC running the 32-bit or 64-bit versi

Internet Explorer 9 UI Video Leaked

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    We already know quite a few details about Internet Explorer 9, Microsoft's upcoming attempt to retain - or grow - its market share in the browser world. Standards and speed are the main focus of IE9, and if a video of the upcoming beta release is anything to go by, they're doing pretty well. Just... Did they just manage to make the interface even less appealing?   Microsoft has fed us a number of builds for Internet Explorer 9, and while theyshowed off the speed improvements as well as the muc

Microsoft Exchange Online users reporting more cloud access problems

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    My post late last week about unplanned downtime for Microsoft’s Business Productivity Online Suite (BPOS) seemingly has opened the floodgates for more similar reports.   On September 7, I began receiving notes from several customers of Microsoft’s hosted Online Services — which include Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Communications Online, Live Meeting and the BPOS bundle of these services — of yet more access problems.   Today’s outage, which several users have told me is still ongoing

Microsoft: Windows Phone 7 operating system is done

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft has released to manufacturing (RTM’d) the Windows Phone OS 7.0, company officials announced on September 1.   “While the final integration of Windows Phone 7 with our partners’ hardware, software, and networks is underway, the work of our internal engineering team is largely complete,” blogged Terry Myerson, the Corporate Vice President of Windows Phone Engineering.   Microsoft is expected to hold some kind of Windows Phone 7 launch event in October. Company officials have said the

Microsoft to add ActiveSync support for all Hotmail users

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft officials are acknowledging that they are planning to add ActiveSync support to Hotmail on August 30.   The new capability will let Hotmail users get push e-mail on cell phones and other devices (even if they aren’t trying to sync with an Exchange Server on the back-end), company execs told News.com on August 26. The ActiveSync addition also will allow Hotmail users to sync contacts and calendars across their iPhones, iPod Touch devices, Android phones and (once they are available) t

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.