• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Office 15: What's Microsoft's new mystery application?

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    There are reports that a new early build of Microsoft’s Office 15 have escaped the Redmond halls. More interesting than the mere existence of these pre-alpha build, however, is another mention of a new application that will become part of Microsoft’s next-generation Office suite.   Despite the fact Microsoft only began shipping Office 14 (a k a, Office 2010) a couple of months ago, an August 20 Softpedia report (via the Russian website Wzor) claims there’s a new Office 15 build floating around

It's official: Windows 7 is a hit, and XP is finally in decline

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Last year at this time, Microsoft was in the final stages of preparing Windows 7 for its worldwide launch. The new OS was finally available to the public—well, at least that segment of the public with a TechNet or MSDN subscription. Those early adopters had to wait a few weeks after the official release to manufacturing date but still got a head start on the general public.   Those demanding and skeptical Windows users have now had a full year to stress-test Windows 7 and decide whether it’s g

Microsoft celebrates Internet Explorer's 15th birthday

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft's web browser, Internet Explorer, today celebrates its fifteenth birthday as the Redmond-based giant prepares to unveil the next version, Internet Explorer 9.   The web browser, the world's most used (but arguably most hated) according to recent NetApplications figures, was born on the 16th of August, 1995 when version 1.0 was made available to the public. The first version of IE was based off Spyglass's Mosaic application -- which Microsoft originally licensed but was eventually use

Microsoft To Introduce ‘Direct Experience Platform’ With Windows 8?

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Ah! Patents, nothing like them to update my blog.   That big Windows 8 leak and some patent applications show what Microsoft planned for Windows 8, my recent finding is titled ‘Direct Computing Experience’. The patent goes describes that how sometimes a laptop is used for watching movies on DVD but since the laptop is more than the DVD players available in the market, the experience is different.   Microsoft plans to make the computer go into reduced functionality mode or in a sand boxed mod

Microsoft Security Essentials Earns August VB100 certification

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    By way of introduction, I’m Eric Foster and have recently joined my colleagues on The Windows Blog to write on ‘all things’ security. I thought it only fitting that my first blog be about one of my favorite personal product recommendations, Microsoft Security Essentials.   Not sure how many of you know about the VB100 award but it’s a public test conducted by Virus Bulletin, a highly reputable testing organization in the industry, designed to measure the detection effectiveness and quality of

IE9 Beta Coming On September 15th

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    The IE team seems to be gearing up for presenting their next generation web browser and they seem to be doing it in style.     Veteran Microsoft observer, Ed Bott shared on twitter that he got a bunch of crayons with some indication that it came from the IE team. A few days back, they sent an IE3 t-shirt to a commenter. They’ve been sporting enough to send flowers for the IE6 funeral as well. Here are the contents of the package sent:     In a blog post, the IE team has announced that

Ballmer Outlines Mobile Strategy at Microsoft Event

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft's business strategies were described at the company's Financial Analyst Meeting on Thursday.   The talks by five Microsoft executives, including Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer, came on the heels of the company's positive fourth-quarter earnings. Last week, Microsoft announced revenue of $16 billion for the quarter. Peter Klein, Microsoft's chief financial officer, said at the time that all of Microsoft's business segments showed "double-digit growth," quarter over quarter.  

Microsoft reports strong Q4 revenue thanks again to Windows 7 sales

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft announced on Thursday, a record fourth-quarter revenue of $16.04 billion for the quarter ended June 30.   The financial figures are a 22% increase from the same period of the prior year. Microsoft says this revenue growth was driven by a strong performance from Windows 7, which has sold more than 175 million licenses to date. “This quarter’s record revenue reflects the breadth of our offerings and our continued product momentum,” said Peter Klein, chief financial officer. “The revenu

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.