Jump to content


Established Members
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

damonbreeden's Achievements


Newbie (1/14)



  1. I managed to get this running by creating a new package to point the 'Setup Windows and ConfigMgr' step to. I followed the steps here: http://henkhoogendoorn.blogspot.com/2011/05/create-package-from-definition-in.html
  2. OK, so I found that running ccmsetup.exe" /useronly /config:MobileClient.TCF /status:548 directly from a command prompt returns Invalid ccmsetup command line: "\\mbcfgmgr01\smspkgd$\DSC00053\ccmsetup.exe" /useronly /config:MobileClient.TCF /status:548 ccmsetup 9/11/2013 12:02:57 PM 3012 (0x0BC4) If I simply run: \\mbcfgmgr01\smspkgd$\DSC00053\ccmsetup.exe" /useronly Then the setup finishes, it discovers the site code, and everything goes on its merry way. Is there a way to configure the 'Setup Windows and ConfigMgr' step to send a line that will succeed on the client?
  3. Hi, I have been trying to get our OSD setup going for a few months on and off. I have overcome a number of issues by research, but this one just confounds me. When deploying Windows 7 x64 via PXE to new machines, I boot them from PXE, start the TS, and it successfully applies my Win7 x64 image. The TS joins the domain, applies drivers and reboots the machine, at which point it should run the step 'Setup Windows and ConfigMgr.' At this point, on all machines I've tried on, the TS fails. Drilling through the logs, I see the following activity: From ccmsetup.log: Adding file 'http://mbcmmp01.daysup.com:80/CCM_Client/x64/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe' to BITS job, saving as 'C:\Windows\ccmsetup\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe'. ccmsetup 9/10/2013 2:00:48 PM 2268 (0x08DC) A Fallback Status Point has not been specified. Message with STATEID='309' will not be sent. ccmsetup 9/10/2013 2:00:48 PM 2268 (0x08DC) From smsts.log: Executing command line: "C:\_SMSTaskSequence\OSD\DSC00053\ccmsetup.exe" /useronly /config:MobileClient.TCF /status:560 OSDSetupHook 9/10/2013 2:00:42 PM 2196 (0x0894) Process completed with exit code 1 OSDSetupHook 9/10/2013 2:00:48 PM 2196 (0x0894) Client installation failed, code 1 OSDSetupHook 9/10/2013 2:00:48 PM 2196 (0x0894) ... Failed to install SMS Client (0x80004005) OSDSetupHook 9/10/2013 2:00:49 PM 2196 (0x0894) ... Failed to execute task sequence (0x80004005) OSDSetupHook 9/10/2013 2:00:49 PM 2196 (0x0894) If you look at the time stamps, you can see the line in smsts.log that calls ccmsetup, then the logging passes to ccmsetup.log, which fails and returns to smsts.log with error code 1. Research told me to investigate BITS, which showed me two suspended jobs for CCMSetup and no apparent way to resume them (bitsadmin /list /allusers /verbose). Yesterday, I had found an error 404 when the client was trying to download ccmsetup from the BITS server. I restarted the server and today the 404 seems to be gone. I now see a status 207 for ccmsetup, which according to wikipedia is a multi-part success message. Here is that part of the IIS log on the server: 2013-09-10 18:00:48 GET /CCM_Client/ccmsetup.cab - 80 - ccmsetup 200 0 0 93 2013-09-10 18:00:48 PROPFIND /CCM_Client/ClientPatch - 80 - ccmsetup 207 0 64 62 2013-09-10 18:00:48 CCM_POST /ccm_system/request - 80 - OSD+Client 200 0 0 15 2013-09-10 18:00:48 CCM_POST /ccm_system/request - 80 - OSD+Client 200 0 0 15 Once ccmsetup is called and executed, I expect the TS to go on to the next part of the TS, which is Install Office and a number of other software titles. Unfortunately, since ccmsetup returns error 1, the TS fails and no software is installed. I am left with a machine that has joined the domain and can be logged in to, but it won't find its site code (even if left overnight) and there is no software on the PC. I'd love any information, as this project has been ongoing (albeit low priority up until now) since July. Any input would be helpful!
  • Create New...