I have been deploying Windows 7 for quite a while now, and every time i encounter some kind of issues. Therefore i would like to ask for some help with my questions.
My Deployment scenario:
1. - Install Windows 7 SP1 on Hyper-V
2. - Log on as Administrator and Update OS with all required updates (PC is in WG)
3. - When updates are installed, i configure Local Administrator profile (I only install few extra applications, so i would consider this a thin image)
4. - When system is configured, i add Capture Image .iso file to my Hyper-v and start included .exe
5. - Click through the wizard and successfully capture Windows 7 Pro x64 or x86
6 - The i Add newly created wim to SCCM and distribute the content.
7 - Install OS over PXE
1. Why, every time after creating new image (after every 3-4 month) - my answerfile fails to be processed on install with the new image (errors pop out around Specialize phase -[ Shell_setup]) - this means i have to create a brand new package containing basically the same answerfile - and this somehow fixes this error for me..
2. - Why would i run sysprep (Audit mode) before configuring / capturing my image, if SCCM Capture media does by it self.
2.1 When is the best time to run SCCM Capture Media. I have read a lot of forums with people suggesting to get into Audit mode before even installing SP1)?
3. Why some of created wim images are failing to create .clg catalog file - when imported into SIM? (What are the main causes)
Sorry for my bad english, it is very hard for me to compile my thoughts into OK questions.
I assume that the best answer to my question would be a short version of my own Deployment scenario, only written by you guys
Thank you in advance!