Hello all. During OSD my task sequence is failing with error code 0x80004005 at the very end of "Apply Operating System". The attached smsts.log (smtsprobook) seems to indicate something funny going on with partitions?
1. HP Prodesk 400 G3 SFF
2. HP Probook 430 G3
I have created a task sequence for deploying Windows 7 Enterprise X64 w/ SP1. This task sequence works great for the HP Prodesk. No issues at all.
Task Sequence Steps (in order):
Capture Windows Settings
Capture Network Settings
Install Operating System
Restart in Windows PE
Format and Partition Disk
Apply Operating System
Apply Windows Settings
The rest doesn't really matter since the task sequence is failing at "Apply Operating System" (On the HP Probook 430 G3)
This issue only occurs on the Probook (laptop) and NOT the Prodesk (desktop).
The way we are managing OSD here at my company is to have a "Golden" Task Sequence, then just copy that same task sequence for as many different model of systems we have and insert the corresponding driver package as well as rename the task sequence for whatever new model we discover we have or receive.
So we received our new shipment of Probooks (laptops) and I did what I always do when we get a new model. I grabbed the Windows 7 drivers for it (Note: These systems come with Windows 10 installed. Our image is Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP1.) and created/copied a task sequence for the new model by simply switching out whatever driver package was in the task sequence that I just copied with the correct package for that model (a lot of this is irrelevant since again, the task sequence is failing at "Apply Operating System" before it even tries to install drivers.)
Things I Have Done:
Made sure all content called for in the task sequence is on the DP
Deployed the TS as Available (PXE,Media,Blah blah) to All Unknown Computers
Read through the provided smsts.log and could not make sense of it. Seems error 0x80004005 is a "beat around the bush" error
Created a task sequence from scratch then tested. Still same issue at the same place
Thought maybe its an issue with my .wim but I dont think so as this has worked on some of our other models tested
Came here for help
I am at a total loss as of where to start to troubleshoot this error. Most of the info you will need to help asses the issue is probably contained in the log(CMTrace it). Please let me know of anything I left out that could help. Thank you!