Jump to content


Established Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About CavalierIT

  • Rank
  1. I found my first problem. I was trying to use an Acrobat .msp file instead of a reader .msp. Now that I've corrected that, I can perform the install from an elevated command prompt, but when I transfer the same command into SCCM, I get a 1612 error when trying to install.
  2. I've spent the better part of a day trying to add Adobe reader to our Software Center for users to install. I extracted the MSI files from the executable. I used their Customization app to create the .MST. I've tried setting the install up multiple different ways with no luck. The majority of the time it results in the install in Software Center spinning until it times out. Or it will begin the install correctly, except it's not paying attention to the settings I made in the MST file, and when it finishes, Software Center gives an error that when Googled equates to Software Center be
  3. Ok got the install to work, but how do I find the uninstaller? I looked through the folder the program installs to but only found an uninstall.log file.
  4. I have a few applications I'd like to deploy using our SCCM that do not have MSI files available. What is the process for getting them into SCCM? Do I need to buy a third party utility to package them? If so, what do you recommend?
  5. So I've gone through all the step-by-step guides and have SCCM up and running and it's working great. I'm able to upgrade my Windows 7 machines to Windows 10 and I can install Windows 10 to a bare system through network boot. Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't see any guide for setting up updates to windows systems? Whenever I check for updates on my newly installed machines it tells me the machine is out of date but it's not getting any updates from my SCCM box. Can anyone point me in the right direction for configuring SCCM to keep my Windows clients up to date now that I ha
  6. I figured it out. I entered our WIndows 10 product key in the Task Sequence for the upgrade. As soon as I cleared it out, the upgrade went off without a hitch.
  7. We're running current branch SCCM and I've pulled a few Windows 7 machines as a test lab to be upgraded to Windows 10. I've run through all the steps in the guide and set up the Upgrade Task Sequence. The upgrade shows up as available on the lab machines and I can begin the upgrade install, however the upgrade fails with error 0xC1900208 which indicates an incompatible app is blocking the upgrade. I have about 100 of these machines that need to be upgraded and I need to be able to identify the offending app(s) to make this work. Or I need some way to force the upgrade. One odd thing,
  • Create New...