Jump to content


Netmedic

Established Members
  • Content Count

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Netmedic

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. I am doing the app install via a script and variables. I pre-create the account before I run the TS but before the discovery runs.
  2. I have a Windows 7 Bare Metal TS that is running perfectly...well almost. I have taken bits and pieces from different ideas to get to a single task sequence for all my new (bare Metal)computers. I want to have all my applications that the computer is suppose to have installed during the TS. On this site I found an excellent idea to use a script to query AD for the groups the computer is in. Since I use AD groups as part of my normal Software deleivery I thought that this would be a great way to incorporate it into my TS. I know have a TS that installs the OS and installs only the applicat
  3. I am working on getting all the kinks out of my task sequence. In my task sequence I am trying to reinstall any applications that were previously assigned to my computer that I am imaging. I am permorming an AD lookup to check for the instance of the computer to depermin if an application should be installed or not. That is working great. My problem is when I check my collections after my nightly AD System Discovery poll I see to records for my rebuilt client. 1 was discovered using the install (Heartbeat and something else) and is time stamped with the time I did my discovery. This
  4. Here is my XML file <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="specialize"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile> <TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time</TimeZone> <ShowW
  5. I will try to explain further. I do not have any unattend.xml file on my image that was captured. I place the unattend.xml file in the task sequence. When the task sequence runs it gets to the step where it installs the Configuration Manager Client. When finished it will reboot the client being imaged. When it finished the reboot it does not go back into the WinPE screen that I see when I first start our Task Sequence. The WinPE screens have our Corporate logon on them. What I get is a black screen with the words "checking video performance". That will stay there while the rest of t
  6. Ok I tried you steps and put the unattend.xml file in my OSD TS and the copy profile seems to work now, but after the configuration manager client installs the rest of my task sequence does not seem to install the rest of my applications. If I take out the unattend file then the applications complete but my profile does not copy. If I have the unattend file in the TS then the system reboots after configuration manager install and I get the checking video performance where it seems the rest of my TS seems to want to run rather than in the WinPE. I tried putting a reboot in the TS but that fai
  7. I am at the last point of getting my Windows 7 image ready for deployement. I have all my task sequences for Side-by-side migration and my bare metal sequences working great. I can get my image to load and install all my applications and even get my files from one computer to another. When I thought I was all done and new problem came up. I use the SCCM capture media to capture my image. Not sure why except its seems easier and i have been going it that way for 4 years. Anyway.. I have my unattend file in the syspre folder and have the copy profile parameters listed. I only have the a
  8. Unable to import the SMP XML file. It tells me it completed but the task sequence never shows up. I have tried it from my machine and the server.
×
×
  • Create New...